Tuesday, July 11, 2006

What a day!

What a day I had! I was awakened from my sleeping in by a phone call, so I got up. Then my usual occured, checking email, paying bills, eating breakfast. I finally bought my plane tickets to CA today for Julie's wedding!! (Well, not just for Julie's wedding but to also see some family and friends and a little beach while I am there.) Then I got ready for work, ate lunch, packed my dinner and was on my way to work. On my way to work, my little white, run-around-town car decided to break a ball and hinge joint on the driver side tire, right in the middle of the intersection. Almost all of the cars were able to go around me but it was raining and I couldn't even push the car out of the way and I was now late for work!! So I sat there for about an hour waiting for the tow truck from my roadside assistance to come and tow me away. The tow man finally got to me about 1:45pm and was very nice and very quick. Towed me right to the auto shop and left. The 2 guys at the shop were also very nice and I learned that it would only be a little less than $200 to fix it!! Praise the Lord! It looked alot worse than that. The tire looked like it had popped off of my car. Then I received a ride from a man at the auto shop and got to work only an hour and 15 minutes late! It's OK, we weren't terribly busy today. We made up for it later though!
Well, gotta get to bed for an early morning. Now that my car is getting fixed, my loving husband has to take me to work before he goes to work and I have to get up earlier to make sure I eat my breakfast with this
diet I am trying. It's not bad though, I just can't be missing any meals for lack of time. Therefore, I will blog at you later!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Tiff, glad to hear the "White Stallion" is still running for you.... :-)